[rekonq] Re: Virtual desktop aware rekonq

Anton Kreuzkamp akreuzkamp at web.de
Tue Apr 5 20:02:31 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 05 April 2011 18:32:16 Felix Rohrbach wrote:
> Thanks for your answer!
>
> I don't think this is a good idea, as there are many people who just use
> one rekonq window, but several desktops (e.g. one desktop purely for
> browsing). If you don't want any new config options, I would suggest the
> following behaviour:
>
> - If there is a rekonq window on this desktop, open it there
> - else use the last activated window (or use the last created window)
>
> With your idea, I think we will get a lot of angry users because they are
> forced to use rekonq in a certain way. If we use my suggestion, everyone
> who wants one rekonq window per desktop just need to open a rekonq window
> once per desktop, so they have just a little more work.

I completely agree with you, in that.
It not only forces one to use rekonq in one way but to use it completely
contrary to what virtual desktops are thought for: Space.
It is the behaviour I would expect for activities, but not for vd as these are
made to have e.g. kdevelop on one and rekonq on another vd, so forcing to open
a link on the current vd (=>opening a new window if there's no rekonq-window
on the current vd) is imho not the way to go (it would just increase the
confusion about activities/vd).

So I wouldn't offer the option to always open links in the current vd at all
(just my personal opinion).

But the proposed standard-behaviour is exactly what I would expect, so you
have my support for that :)