[rekonq] [ANNOUNCE] rekonq 0.6 stable release

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 18:10:56 CEST 2010

Hi all,
as the faster and/or ever connected of you have probably just noticed, rekonq 0.6.0 has been released. It's not here the place to list all the new features and bugfixes from the
0.5 release, I can just say it is really impressing!
Our little pet browser is really growing and also in this particular situation of such "fast & furious" release, it is really behaving well. I anyway also promised bugfixing releases
for the 0.6 series, with the first one just scheduled in a couple of weeks, waiting for translations. Anyway, if you are really not interested in maintain the so called "stable
branch", feel free to continue hack & play in master and I'll take care to backport eventual bugfixes from it.

In this period, due to the "programming speed" we had to fight with a lot of regressions, most coming from my "no-one-else-checked" commits (sorry), some others coming here
and there from your patches. This is an unlikely situation I would like to improve. So, as we have to "wait" for translations and I'd like to also understand what happens in bug
249639, 244039, 246367 (try the bug:number web shortcut!), I propose to stop development for a couple of weeks, improving our automatic tests.

For the 0.7 release I propose 2 "big features":
1) moving tabs up
2) Moving from WebView to GraphicsWebView.

The first one is important IMHO to clean up code, preparing road for the (eventual) multitasking feature. And also to better address a lot of unclear situations in the actual
workflow (as kparts management, tab & bar switch, tabbar, etc..)
The second one is just a Benjamin Poulain's hint that needs more investigation before.
Other features for the 0.7 series are, as usual, the ones you'll pointed out. Release time: when it will be ready! (Not before Christmas..)

Last but not least, I just wanna thank you all for all your efforts, your time (and your friendness) to let rekonq become what now it is.
Regards,