[rekonq] Re : Rekonq new icon

Lionel Chauvin megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Sat Sep 26 11:39:08 CEST 2009

> > I want keep it stylized because I want the body looks like a gear. I
> > think
>
> I'm fine with the stylized version, but with at least slight smoothness -
>  even the gear in konqueror has some (gradient-based) smoothness added to
>  it.
>
> See the head in attachment to see what I'm talking about.

I like it for an other context. I want it seems more "mechanical" than
"organic".

> While everything else looks ok, I'm a bit repelled by the wings - they look
> too soc-modernistic (concrete block-based architecture in soviet-influenced
> states)

Yeah I don't like the grey color. It was for start the picture. I don't want
it looks like concrete. I want it looks like the gear's metal of the
konqueror's icon.
(concrete block-based architecture is not specific to soviet. It is a technic
used everywhere in europe after the second world war. here the Royan's church
built with this method after that the previous church was destroyed by
americans during the liberation.
http://www.audreysebastien.com/images/invitation/Royan_eglise.jpg
Anyway I don't like this style and I don't want the dragon looks like that.)

> > I will add bevel. I want a silver color.
>
> Silver is not exactly gray - it has some blue tones and it will need some
> reflection (radiosity) of the globe. When you finish the perspective
> adjustments, I'll tackle the gradients (those are my specialty)

Yeah I need help.

I attached the icon's current state. I added some helpers to fix the
perspective.