[rekonq] Re : rekonq HomePage

Lionel Chauvin megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 14 17:00:53 CEST 2009

> Hi,
Hi :)

> i'm reading you in the maling list for some weeks, i've been trying the
> HomePage branch and it's a good job, you are good developers :-).

> I don't  know too much about Qt, only some patches in KDE...but i read sometime that
> with webkit was possible to embedd qt widgets in the html, no?
For instance, buttons in webpages are qt widgets. I don't know if qtWebKit allow to insert other widgets. Imo: mix technologies is not a good Idea.

> The Home page in chromium is html with javascript? or do they use gtk widgets for
>  the preview decorations?

Google uses Ajax for their services. I think they do the same thing for the home page. (I don't test chrome)

> This is only an idea i've just had, perhaps this has no sense...

Thank you to propose ideas :)

Imo, we have the choice of html/javascript or qt/plasma, not a mix. Andrea choose html/javascript, I will help him in this way.

Lionel.