[rekonq] Improvements for 0.3

Lionel Chauvin megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Tue Aug 25 21:53:24 CEST 2009

Le mardi 25 août 2009 21:16:12, Panagiotis Papadopoulos a écrit :
> Am Dienstag 25 August 2009 21:02:04 schrieb Lionel Chauvin:
> > Le mardi 25 août 2009 19:50:23, Adrià a écrit :
> > > Hi, I've just upgraded my kdelibs to be able to use the latest git
> > > version.
> > >
> > > These are my suggestions for what I've seen so far :)
> > >
> > > Re-enable visibility of the Menu Bar (ctrl+M should toggle visibility)
> > > Re-enable visibility of the Bookmarks Bar (and solve that bug opening
> > > two tabs when middle-clicking a bookmark)
> > >
> > > Thanks :D
> >
> > The bookmarks bar can be re-enable with a right click on the toolbar. I
> > can propose a patch to add an option in the config panel.
>
> This does not work on the latest git. There simply is no right-click menu
> shown, where you could enable the bookmarks toolbar, or do the other
> toolbar related stuff (like changing the icon size)

Ok

> > For the menu bar, Andrea will confirm if we release 0.3 without it and
> > see the people reaction. There is nothing useful in this menu, all is
> > accessible in the tool button-menu.
>
> I don't know if this is the best solution... In my opionion the menu bar
> should still be there, but hidden by default, and by pressing Ctrl+M rekonq
> would display the menu bar again. Are there any disadvantages when rekonq
> would let the user decide this?

The code is simpler. There is one place to add actions. With the menu bar,
actions are declared in an xml file and in the code source.

My first intention was to hide the menu by default and let the user display it
via cntrl-m or an option in the config panel. But this is not the path taken by
Andrea. I think I will follow him. Without the menu we are coherent.

Lionel.