[rekonq] Improvements for 0.3

Panagiotis Papadopoulos pano_90 at gmx.net
Tue Aug 25 21:16:12 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag 25 August 2009 21:02:04 schrieb Lionel Chauvin:
> Le mardi 25 août 2009 19:50:23, Adrià a écrit :
> > Hi, I've just upgraded my kdelibs to be able to use the latest git version.
> >
> > These are my suggestions for what I've seen so far :)
> >
> > Re-enable visibility of the Menu Bar (ctrl+M should toggle visibility)
> > Re-enable visibility of the Bookmarks Bar (and solve that bug opening
> > two tabs when middle-clicking a bookmark)
> >
> > Thanks :D
>
> The bookmarks bar can be re-enable with a right click on the toolbar. I can
> propose a patch to add an option in the config panel.

This does not work on the latest git. There simply is no right-click menu shown, where you could enable the bookmarks toolbar, or do the other toolbar related stuff (like changing the icon size)

> For the menu bar, Andrea will confirm if we release 0.3 without it and see the
> people reaction. There is nothing useful in this menu, all is accessible in
> the tool button-menu.

I don't know if this is the best solution... In my opionion the menu bar should still be there, but hidden by default, and by pressing Ctrl+M rekonq would display the menu bar again.
Are there any disadvantages when rekonq would let the user decide this?

Greetings,

Panagiotis Papadopoulos