[rekonq] patch to rekonq

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 09:52:54 CEST 2009

On Monday 24 August 2009 07:08:41 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> > Are you talking about "undoing" the closing of tabs? This would be
> > another killer feature imho. To my knowledge, currently only Opera and
> > Konqueror support this "out of the box" (read: I don't know if there's
> > such a firefox plugin). Do you have any ideas yet, where to put this
> > functionality in rekonq's UI? Maybe I'll try to create a mockup for it
> > :-)
>
> Yes, this is what I am talking.
>
> Firefox is able to do that out of the box, with a right click on the tabbar
>  -> "undo close tab".
>
> we can integrate it in the same way. Another solution, is a "trash" button
> menu at the right corner of the tab, but It can be too much.
>
> In all cases, we need a tab history and not only save urls of opened tabs
>  in a file.

rekonq 0.1 had this mechanism (at least if I understand well your idea..)
You can compile our branches.0.1 branch and see it in the history menu
the submenu "recently closed tabs" where you can find the closed tab urls.

It's trivial (re)implement it, we just need to work on the
MainView::slotCloseTab() method.(about 15 loc)

It has been removed to "clear" the history menu. Now we have no more menus :)
feel free to reimplement it, for example exposing info in the tabbar
contextual menu.