[rekonq] One process per tab: TODO list for 0.3

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 18:23:52 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 11 August 2009 18:08:57 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> Le mardi 11 août 2009 17:41:00, Ivan Čukić a écrit :
> > On Tuesday 11 August 2009 11:24:46 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> > > - automatically reload a crashed tab
> > > - if  3+ crashs display an error page in this tab for reload manually
> >
> > I'm not sure this is a good idea. The usual sites that crash a browser
> > are heavy to reload, and usually have plugins or whatever. Reloading them
> > automatically would increase the traffic and CPU usage even when it is
> > not needed.
>
> IE works like that. We must not bother the user for occasionnal crash (just
>  notify him that something bad occured on this tab). It doesn't increase
>  traffic and CPU more than if the user reload manually. But it MUST NOT
>  loop, this is why it must not be reloaded more than 2 or 3 times.

Yes, but.. why not just ask user for? saying something stupid, if you see your
browser closing and reopening a tab, you say: what the hell rekonq is doing?
while, if you see rekonq informing you that a site has left him crash but it
can recover it, if you like, you think....

Ok, go back working.. ;)
--
Andrea Diamantini,
IRC: adjam_AT_freenode