[Raptor-Menu] SOme ideas

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 02:15:18 CEST 2008

hi to all

I'm trying to draw a little mockup of some of my ideas... well i think
there is a need to add some misc on it after .

nevertheless during thid little try one question hurt me.  In the tom
db have you think to add a way to remember new app like windows do.
when i add a new package it will be fine to find it quickly as i want
generally use it now and not tomarow.

i join here a messy mockup ... i know i'm not pinheiro.

but it's juste 2 hour of playing around and i will explain the mockup
tomarow. It's an idea based on the fact tha the pinheiro one seem to
not have thehability to show category branche and browse it ...
(multimedia, internet, etc) like a basis menu... and it will sometime
miss.

This mochup just show a design.

i don't know how great i need to make the medal.

i've thinked about rings into the medal (3 rings max) with the ability
to manage them. it will allow to show at the wish, in the favourite
views, in the same time (for exemple the favourite (default), in the
more internal ring, the computer favourite path and device, and in the
more internal, shutdowmanagement.

i dont know if it is clear lol... it's late

then on the right there is the choice of the place (favourite,
computer, application (a way to walk throuth the true menu), last
used, neverused, shutdown, mycontact, and anything the plugin can
allow)

yes in fact why a square menu ... plasma in greate to doing amazing
things, why a simple menu ... raptor will (in a far future) be able to
communicate with all kde media.

The there is a thing... desktop with info and all icon short cut whas
remplaced by plasma... well ok, but is there a way now to think the
panel in another angle ?

imagine you want to launch an app ? ..; just press the meta key , the
menu popup under the mouse with the favourite app placed underthe
cursor... imagine now my rings, ..; want to go on some place ?
but i've the ideas ... not the good ability to draw them as my mentor
doing that ;).

i think the search box need to work as the gnome search in list
icon... i mean just appear when you press a valid key.

what about the search result in the pinheiro mockup in the case of
strigi finding.

That's all ... please make many critic.

Fabien Bodard