Changing input language when connected to an external monitor

Sebastian Pettke sebpe at mailbox.org
Sun May 15 20:32:47 BST 2022

Hi,

maybe fcitx5 is a suitable alternative for using different input methods on the desktop.

Setting it up may require some extra steps, for reference see https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Fcitx5

I think you would want to install 'fcitx5', 'fcitx5-configtool', 'fcitx5-hangul' (for Korean input), 'fcitx5-qt' (for integration with Qt applications) and 'fcitx5' (for integration with GTK applications).

Then you can configure it by starting fcitx5-configtool and also set up keyboard shortcuts for switching the input method there.

Please note that I have no experience with installing and using fcitx5 with plasma mobile or with Korean input. The above instructions are only my assumptions of what could work and might be wrong.

Best regards,
Sebastian