Plasma repositories sprint cleaning

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 16:02:48 GMT 2023

Answering only on the few ones i know anything about :p

On Fri, Mar 3, 2023 at 1:45 PM Nicolas Fella <nicolas.fella at gmx.de> wrote:
> - khotkeys: consensus seems to be to abandon it, because maintaining two
> global shortcut systems is no joy: https://phabricator.kde.org/T2050.
> It's still released with 5.27 though

How do we go for epos that are part of 5.27 but won't be on 6? anyways
yeah, let's yank it from 6. repo should still be there for 5.27
maintenance mode tho

> - ksysguard: We stopped releasing/maintaining it several releases ago.
> Not part of any supported release. Could be archived?
+1

> - kwrited: The functionality is kind of old/niche. Is it worth having at
> all? If yes, given it is quite tiny, would it make sense to fold it into
> plasma-desktop instead of having it separate?
+1 for p-d

> - kwayland-server: Obsolete implementation detail. Not released any
> more. Can probably be archived now
>
> - lancelot: An alternative Plasma launcher. No releases, not much
> activity in recent years. If anyone cares about it it might be better of
> maintained outside of KDE to avoid impression that it is "officially"
> supported
>
> - plasma-active-window-control: No release, a little activity in recent
> times. What do we do with it?

would go for archive

> - plasma-redshift-control: No releases. Does this provide anything
> interesting compared to the "official" night color stuff?

archive... i think is x11 only by the way

> - plasma-simplemenu: Had releases in the past, but last one is from 4
> years ago. Semi-active recently. Might be worth incorporating into
> proper Plasma release?

if is semi active if current contributors plan to maintain it, folding
into p-d could make sense

> - plasma-tests: Is this useful at all?

Afaik that was an old attempt on a plasmoid test suite for ci which
didn't go anywhere...
I would say obsoleted by the appium stuff, so archive

--
Marco Martin