Soft Feature Freeze

Bhushan Shah bshah at mykolab.com
Thu Sep 16 08:55:59 BST 2021

On 2021-09-16 12:51, David Edmundson wrote:

> We said in that meeting that you could ask on this thread for an
> exemption (that was on the 6th).
> Waiting until literally the release day and then asking for the
> exemption and then merging within minutes of each other is absolutely
> not ok!
>
> David

After discussion in #plasma:kde.org with d_ed we agreed on following,

- This change is too risky for 5.23 so we want to revert it

- To avoid the git history mess, we can revert it in 5.23 branch after
it is branched, and keep master as-is

- During timeline of 5.23, we will copy it in plasma-settings for use in
Plasma Mobile

- Fix up remaining issues during timeline of 5.24 for usage in master
branch

Once again apologies for this mess.