Setting Look and Feels

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Sep 2 14:07:25 BST 2021

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 10:02 PM Tom Zander <tom at flowee.org> wrote:

> On dinsdag 31 augustus 2021 18:45:00 CEST Nate Graham wrote:
> > Any more
> > that it would make sense to show a desktop global theme on
> > PlaMo.
>
> On dinsdag 31 augustus 2021 18:53:54 CEST Aleix Pol wrote:
> > Maybe, but then you wouldn't have it installed I guess?
>

> What about the usecase of a phone being connected to a full size
> screen and mouse. IIRC the pinephone has that option. I'm not
> talking about simply a screen-duplicate, but a useful, 19/6 res.
>
> For that case you want the themes installed on most phones and
> maybe you want to use that theme only on your main screen.

https://invent.kde.org/teams/plasma-mobile/issues/-/issues/54

I'd say in this case it's about adopting a different Look and Feel
entirely. As discussed in the ticket above we can:
- see to having mixed shell packages, which we currently do not
support but could eventually be a thing
- just swap the look and feel entirely for another one, which is kind
of what I'm after right now

Aleix