monday meeting notes for 8/11/2021

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 11:52:56 GMT 2021

Carl
* Nothing big from me. I made mostly some code reviews in Kalendar and
NeoChat. Aside from that, could someone review
https://invent.kde.org/graphics/koko/-/merge_requests/103/diffs. I do
want at some point to upstream it inside purpose.

Arjen
* I continued with trying to figure out why drag and drop with touch
between windows crashes
* and I actually found a rather significant problem with drag and drop
using mouse - apparently the drag doesn't end for the source window
until focus is returned to the window
* which is why it doesn't crash using mouse, but touch properly ends
the drag on drop and then deletes the drag object
* could be some protocol quirk i'm not aware of, but it seems like
incorrect behaviour on the wayland side
* anyway, I'm continuing with digging around in that code, even though
I feel like I only understand maybe half of it
[notmart: and i guess fixing the mouse one makes both crash t he same way]
[ahiemstra: yeah, that's what I'm hoping for at least]
* I actually already know how to avoid the crash, it "just" needs implementing

DavidR
* I've looked into applying a look and feel on startup
* Example a distro has a default  lnf set in /etc/xdg, right now it
wouldn't be applied
* https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/1175
* there is always the pain point of colors, but this is another task

Nico
* I was mostly workking on porting plasma-pa to pulseaudio-qt
* Which I've been only doing since ... 2018
* Made some prep patches
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-pa/-/merge_requests/91
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-pa/-/merge_requests/93
https://invent.kde.org/libraries/pulseaudio-qt/-/merge_requests/13

Hanyoung
* working on merging language and formats kcms
* https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/1147/diffs
but hit a roadblock as some languages do not correspond to a valid locale
* checking what locales are valid is distro specific

Marco
* helping with look and feel apply in startplasma and the new
lnf-controlled default settings, helped a bit DavirR on
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/1175
** all system colors are reapplied on first startup and every time the
colorscheme entry or the colorscheme file contents changed
* helping with touch friendliness of the widget explorer drag and drop
on the X11 part
* fixed a plasma freeze in Wayland when quickly hovering between the
clock and other appelts (problem in clock tooltip)
* investigating the wayland issue of OSDs showing up maximized, with
patches on palsma-framework and kwin, so far
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-/merge_requests/1608 and
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/plasma-framework/-/merge_requests/373
super hacky for now, will take a look with Vlad when he's back
* started investigating why sometimes the first time the clock panel
tooltip has a wrong blur area behind