Monday meeting notes for 1/11/2021

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 11:39:48 GMT 2021

Carl
* Add pane to QQC2-desktop-style:
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/qqc2-desktop-style/-/merge_requests/105
(merged)
* Don't use id in QQC2-desktop-style (minor performace improvement):
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/qqc2-desktop-style/-/merge_requests/104
(merged)
* Wrote a new simple Kirigami app:
https://invent.kde.org/carlschwan/hash-validator
* Made icon fallback work with KIconLoader:
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kiconthemes/-/merge_requests/45
(please review)
* Also started working on an high level purpose api based QQC2.Action

Arjen
* I've been working on touch support for the plasma widget explorer
* the initial patch is done, but it turned into a deep dive into drag
and drop on wayland
* which has a bunch of issues
* I've solved most of them at this point, but hit a nasty crash
* that I've not found a fix for yet
* the mr is https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/630
* I have the crash when dragging between two widgets examples
so yes, it'll also crash
* it crashes because Qt has deleted the "data_source" object that is
used to send data from one application to another
* most of the drag and drop work I have done so far is done with qt's
drag and drop examples, which are widgets based, but the problems are
more fundamental
* basically, I started looking at this because drag and drop with
touch just didn't really work in plasma
* originally, things like dragging icons on the desktop didn't even
work properly
* that bit is now resolved, but the widget explorer is a different
window, which turned out to have a separate set of problems
* once I have things working correctly between the example
applications I can get back to the widget explorer and test that

Hanyoung
* https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kdeclarative/-/merge_requests/87
* you have main menu A, sub menu B and C. When user selected the
option in B or C, auto pop back to A. But user may access B or C again
* B and C is expensive to construct

Vlad
* I fixed a bug where windows shift after changing output layout