The unfortunate state of Plasma's stable branch CI coverage

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 23:14:52 BST 2021

It is unfortunate. It has been noticed and discussed, but I think
everyone just expected someone else to do it.

>and there were 3 releases from 5.22 already.

Yeah, that's from ideal!

> So I wonder how this can be made part of the release process to
make sure we have CI coverage for Plasma's stable branches?

Current docs for release say:

"    Trigger build.kde.org to update build setups to latest
kde-build-metadata info:
     https://build.kde.org/job/Administration/job/DSL%20Job%20Seed/
   When above has completed start global rebuild
     https://build.kde.org/view/CI%20Management/job/Global%20Rebuild%20Plasma%20kf5-qt5%20SUSEQt5.10/
     https://build.kde.org/view/CI%20Management/job/Global%20Rebuild%20Plasma%20kf5-qt5%20FreeBSDQt5.10/
 build.kde.org CI: log in, switch to "CI Management", run "DSL Job
Seed" to make sure any latest build-metadata is
picked up,
     once done trigger "Global Rebuild Plasma stable*" builds, which
will first update dependencies to latest needs
and then
     trigger rebuild of any modules

"

which sounds like the same thing as you want us to add.

The challenge is making sure it's actually done.

David