The unfortunate state of Plasma's stable branch CI coverage

Heiko Becker heiko.becker at kde.org
Sat Jun 26 08:58:19 BST 2021

Hello all,

after cherry-picking somthing to Plasma/5.22 branch I wanted to make sure
it builds fine on build.kde.org. Turns out that it still builds
Plasma/5.21.

Apparently the branch metadata was updated, but some jobs on Jenkinks still
need starting (documented here [1]). When I asked in #kde-sysadmin because
I don't have the necessary permissions to do so, I encountered a bit of
frustration. Which I can understand to some degree, considering that it's
not the first time this happened and there were 3 releases from 5.22
already. So I wonder how this can be made part of the release process to
make sure we have CI coverage for Plasma's stable branches?

[1]
https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Continuous_Integration_System#Updating_builds_on_switching_the_.22stable.22_branch