D18689: plasma-nm Connection Icon not showing correct icon when using a bridge

Ronnie Thomas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 3 19:17:43 GMT 2019

rthomas added a comment.

  In D18689#404502 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18689#404502>, @jgrulich wrote:

  > This doesn't seem to be a correct fix. We should be using icon for whatever connection is primary, not only when primary connection is wifi / ethernet / modem / bluetooth. If you check NM on dbus, what is the primary connection there? Is it the bridge one?

  You are right, we should be using the icon for the primary connection. But currently we're choosing the icon based on the "ActivatingConnection". We only go to the primary connection, if the activating connection object is invalid. (https://cgit.kde.org/plasma-nm.git/tree/libs/declarative/connectionicon.cpp#n315)

REPOSITORY
  R116 Plasma Network Management Applet