D6469: Terminology fixes in KCMs: KDE-as-the-desktop -> Plasma

Luigi Toscano noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jul 2 13:10:36 UTC 2017

ltoscano added a comment.

  ... and few in-line questions for the reviewers.

INLINE COMMENTS

> autostart.cpp:75
>      KAboutData* about = new KAboutData(QStringLiteral("Autostart"),
> -                                       i18n("KDE Autostart Manager"),
> +                                       i18n("Session Autostart Manager"),
>                                         QStringLiteral("1.0"),

Should this be "Session" or "Plasma Session"? Aren't the settings changed here valid for all desktops which follow the XDG spec?

> globalpaths.cpp:127
>                              " links to applications (shortcuts) that you want to have started"
> -                            " automatically whenever KDE starts. You can change the location of this"
> +                            " automatically whenever the Plasma session starts. You can change the location of this"
>                              " folder if you want to, and the contents will move automatically"

I explicitly wrote "Plasma" because this setting seems to be Plasma-specific. Did I understand it correctly?

> fonts.cpp:680
>                              " value a better option is explicitly configuring it for the whole X server if"
> -                            " possible (e.g. DisplaySize in xorg.conf or adding <i>-dpi value</i> to"
> -                            " ServerLocalArgs= in $KDEDIR/share/config/kdm/kdmrc). When fonts do not render"
> +                            " possible (e.g. DisplaySize in xorg.conf). When fonts do not render"
>                              " properly with real DPI value better fonts should be used or configuration"

Remove references to kdmrc in the meantime.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop