setShortcut() method for Plasma::IconWidget

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 17:16:01 CEST 2009

On June 30, 2009 05:09:21 L Pierre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it viable and/or a reasonable rfe to add a setShortcut() method/member
> fucntion to the Plasma::IconWidget class?
>
> I'm using Plasma::IconWidget as a button in Plasma. Plasma::IconWidget does
> not have nativeWidget property or members to use say a QToolButton as
> native widget which would then give me a setShortcut() method/member
> fucntion.
>
> Maybe there is another way of doing this that I'm missing or not know
> about?

make an action, setShortcut on the action, then create the Icon from the
action?
the only trick is, there are some graphicsview bugs (actually they may be
resolved now, haven't had time to check) so you have to do one extra thing:
add the action to the Applet with addAction("somename", myAction);

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com