KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/battery

Luca Beltrame einar at heavensinferno.net
Sat Jun 6 12:56:32 CEST 2009

In data sabato 06 giugno 2009 12:48:47, David Nolden ha scritto:

> I haven't seen any good argument against "Estimated time remaining: ..."
> yet. It is clearly an estimation. Period. How can any "vision" be

Just my (probably uninformed) opinion:

It's not only a matter of being it dependent on the workload of the machine,
IMO. There's also another problem (as I see it, at least), which regards at
least part of the current netbooks on the market (EeePC being one).

They report completely *bogus* battery values to the kernel. In such a
situation, how can you get a reliable estimate? Quite simply you can't,
because in such a situation, it's even the battery that's lying to you.