Extender theming issues.

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 18:51:15 CEST 2008

On Thursday 09 October 2008, Rob Scheepmaker wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> As you might have noticed, I've added support for theming the background of
> extenderitems through a standard panelSvg svg in the desktoptheme. While
> this is certainly an improvement over not having a background at all, it's
> still not as neat as I would like it to be. Notice this mockup that
> pinheiro made:
>
> http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3504/extenderstj5.png

i think if the background of externderitems is on the one of dialog can't be
on, no matter how we can manage to align the two backgrounds, so if we want to
have a look as in this mockup i would say:
when the formfactor of the source applet is a panel extender items paints his
own background (and dialog doesn't paint anything)
when the extender is in the desktop don't bother to have the exact same aspect
of the popup, so extender will have no background and only the applet will.

Cheers,
Marco Martin