calendar widget in kdereview

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 17:22:29 CEST 2008

On Friday 03 October 2008, Davide Bettio wrote:
> Ciao,
>
> Il Friday 03 October 2008 04:41:12 Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:
> > * Calendar needs to follow the API pattern for widgets[1]
> > * the hover painting is wicked inneficient right now
>
> +OK
>
> > * we need a glow radius hint for the hover painting; though perhaps in
> > this case i wonder if we should be doing it with an svg or using the same
> > style that we are for, e.g., buttons?
>
> I think that using a SVG is a good idea
>
> > * year jumps? ability to in-line edit the year/month?
>
> I was trying to do something cool using a spinbox, but I need to do more
> hacking on it If I want to get a good result.
little brainstorming about it:
a way would be replacing the year label with a spinbox on mouse click,
the spinbox would not look too good so it would have to be styled..
since it contains a child lineedit not really accessible the only sane way
would be through a qstyle (using the one in plasma that styles scrollbars)
so such a widget should be in libplasma since the style is private,
so tart to put a spinbox in libplasma and worrying after to make it look good

another way that doesn't involve messing with layouts is on click of the year
label displaying a plasma::dialog with just a textbox or spinbox in it that
disappears on focus lost or enter pressed, in this case even with the standard
oxygen theme wouldn't look too bad (similar to krunner)
for the month label just a qmenu
all without parents so it doesn't get on canvas

Cheers,
Marco Martin