[Owncloud] Contribute translations to ownCloud (WAS Translation in JS code)

Martin Werthmöller mw+owncloud at lw-systems.de
Tue Aug 14 06:31:42 UTC 2012

Am Di, 14 Aug 2012 um 00:04 GMT +0200 schrieb Thomas Müller:

Hallo Thomas, hello list,

> > I've added a l10n directory to the module and created a file de.php
> > for German localizations.
> >
> Translations are done on https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/owncloud/
> We have nightly process which grabs all translations from transifex and pushed them to git:
> http://ci.tmit.eu/job/ownCloud-tx/
>
> Manual changes on e.g. files/l10n/de.php will be overwritten.

Ok. But its not clear for me how to created translations in a safe way
without being a maintainer of the transifex ownCloud project.

I understand, first I must create the "l10n/xgettextfiles". But where
should the translation strings be stored? Should I then create the
apropriate .po files at the main l10 directory?

Would be nice, if there were a brief description at
"http://owncloud.org/dev/translation/".

Best regards,
Martin Werthmoeller

--