[Owncloud] Translation in JS code

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Mon Aug 13 22:04:17 UTC 2012

Am Montag, dem 13.08.2012 um 17:31 schrieb Martin Werthmöller:
> Am Mo, 13 Aug 2012 um 12:38 GMT +0200 schrieb Stefan Göckeritz:
>
> Hello list,

Hi Martin,

> > There are lots of small little hints that come from JS in ownCloud,
> > that are hardcoded.
> >
> IMHO this should be reported as a (minor) bug. I cannot create an
> account at the bug tracker
> (http://bugs.owncloud.org/thebuggenie/owncloud/), "404 - Not Found".
>
> > I know the translation function is there and can simply be used in the JS.
> > Anyway I feel like I don't want to dive into all the little code
> > snippets, should I do it though, or should I wait for the app
> > creator/maintainer to do this (Which unfortunately didn#t work for a
> > long time now)?

> For the apps (namely files_sharing), theres little effort to add
> translations to the module.
>
> I've added a l10n directory to the module and created a file de.php
> for German localizations.

Translations are done on https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/owncloud/
We have nightly process which grabs all translations from transifex and pushed them to git:
http://ci.tmit.eu/job/ownCloud-tx/

Manual changes on e.g. files/l10n/de.php will be overwritten.

> At the JS code I add the t('<module>','<string>') function calls.
>
> Have the patch appended to this email.

THX - I'll take care.

> BTW: Whats the "official" way to submit patches to OC?

Best would be to clone the repo on gitorious and send us merge requests.
Patches via email are okay as well.

Thanks a lot,

Tom aka DeepDiver