[Owncloud] special characters in filenames

Jörn Friedrich Dreyer jfd at owncloud.com
Thu Aug 2 15:56:11 UTC 2012

On 02.08.2012 17:05, Emre Erenoglu wrote:
> For MD5SUM, a stupid question if I may ask,  could the md5sum or any
> other checksum/hash be generated "on the fly" while the file is
> uploaded from sync client, web interface or webdav? This way, we don't
> need to spend additional IO cycles to upload and then hash. :)
I alway wanted to look this up. It seems that instead of using
move_uploaded_file it is preferable to user fopen('php://input') to do
fileuploads[1]:

<?php

if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] =="PUT")
{$f=fopen(basename($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']),"w");
$s=fopen("php://input","r");
   while($kb=fread($s,1024))
   {fwrite($f,$kb,1024); }
fclose($f);
fclose($s);
Header("HTTP/1.1 201 Created"); }
elseif ($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] =="GET")
{readfile(basename($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])); }

?>

In a ddition to saving the buffer to a file we could use hash_init,
hash_update and hash_final to create a hash for it without reading the
whole thing again. This would also allow us to save the file directly to
the location we want, without copying it when calling
OC_Helper::streamCopy(), which should by the way use
stream_copy_to_stream instead of reimplementing it, right?

seems nice, wanna implement it?

so long

Jörn

[1] src: http://php.net/manual/de/features.file-upload.put-method.php