[Owncloud] Re: Android app, short report

Matthew Dawson matthew at mjdsystems.ca
Sat Jul 9 00:19:06 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 05 July 2011 22:49:37 Bartek Przybylski wrote:
> Hello.
> I just posted .apk of _not_ working app @ http://alefzero.eu/a/ this
> app will request for sync and accounts access since it's able to
> create account for syncing with content provider (android api stuff).
> This app will also request for internet access for obvious reason ;)
> an what might be weird it will request for SMS access, its because app
> is showing headers of SMS's as dir list in main window.
>
> Any comments/suggestions are more then welcome

Hey Bartek,

I tried downloading it to my tablet to see how it behaved.  So far it looks pretty awsome.  I sucessfully added an account.  I don't have sms (no cell radio) so I saw nothing in the main window.  I do have a
couple points for style:

1) You app is marked as targeting android apis < 11.  When apps are marked as such, they run in a compatibility mode which doesn't integrate as nicely.  If you don't have a tablet available for testing look and
feel I can help.  I know the emulator is horrible for honeycomb (unfortunately).  Note you don't need to switch the sdk you compile against, its just a number in your manifest file.

2) For your login screen, it currently streches across the entire screen.  The good looking account setup utilities generally center and limit the size of the text entry (about 1-1.5 times the size of a phone).

Otherwise can't wait until its done!  Let me know if you need testing on tablets, I can test your app on mine no problem.  I also have some experience dealing with the tablet apis, along with using the support
library, allowing you to use some of the new API's in apps targeting phones.

Matthew