[Owncloud] [GSoC 2011] syncing client

Martín Marcucci rmarku at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 12:36:47 UTC 2011

2011/1/24 Miha Čančula <miha.cancula at gmail.com>

> I saw your idea at the wiki page, and I would be very interested to write a client for
> ownCloud. I have followed its development closely and I am already using it at home, but
> unfortunately I do not have any experience with PHP. I do however have some
> xperience with C++, python and KDE/Qt, which would be good languages for a desktop
> client.

Hi list, I'm interested in having dropbox style syncing. I want to
collaborate, I have experience with PHP and  C++ very little with QT
and python.
I think the way to go is make the client use inotify to monitor file
system changes and make a quick upload. The client might be a command
line utility or a daemon written in C or C++ to be tiny and eat little
resources. It might be able to be controlled by a GUI here can be QT
or GTK or FLTK and written in java, c, c++ python,etc...
If the core code of the daemon is based in non portable libraries, it
will be very difficult to port the client to other platforms.

I want to collaborate in one of the clients. Can the ones that are
programming a client upload the code somewhere so the rest of us can
take a look of it.
May be then they can make an entry in the wiki like Clients, a tiny
description and what is missing and the links to the repository, so
other developers can take  a look and collaborate.

Regards
--
R. Martin Marcucci    ( MarkU )