Feature request/enquiry: Overprint support

Laura David Hurka david.hurka at mailbox.org
Mon May 29 20:49:07 BST 2023

Hi Bernard,

I don’t know exactly what overprinting is, or what your requirements are.
I understand it as a feature similar to PDF layers.
Okular has a side panel for layers, you can try it with the last page of what
a quick internet search gave me:

https://www.edcfiresafe.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Using-Layerd-PDFs-with-Sample-Map.pdf

I assume your requirement is to display the document correctly, only on your
screen of your local desktop computer.

My conclusion is that Poppler (the PDF library normally used by Okular) will
need to support “overprinting”.
If a user interface is necessary, that should be a sensible addition to
Okular, similar to how layers already have a user interface.

Cheers, David