Feature request/enquiry: Overprint support

Bernard Gray bernard.gray at gmail.com
Fri May 26 08:02:56 BST 2023

Hi everyone,
We are currently supporting a very old version of 32 bit adobe reader on
our ubuntu 22.04/kde desktops, due to the requirement for support for a PDF
feature called "Overprint" which is used by our label printing supplier (I
work for an Australian winery)

https://pdfa.org/understanding-overprint/

The result of the lack of Overprint support can be seen in this example pic:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Be2piuVtjbZqWyoX6

This is the source pdf used in the examples:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WGlly-EvzQl1Jhj39R9hvJ16CIgVZD5j/view?usp=sharing

There are no open source PDF viewers that support this feature, and we are
interested in sponsoring development for it in Okular (if required).

We did find Linux/non-adobe support in a proprietary viewer called PDF
Studio Pro:
https://www.qoppa.com/pdfstudio/

Is this feature something Okular would be interested in developing?

Regards,
Bernard Gray