testing framework

David Hurka david.hurka at mailbox.org
Sun Jan 30 22:21:08 GMT 2022

On Sunday, January 30, 2022 1:00:01 PM CET okular-devel-request at kde.org wrote:
> Until now, I followed the instructions at
> https://okular.kde.org/build-it/ using kde/neon with pre-installed
> development libraries. My install prefix is my home folder ~/kde_installed.
>
> I am puzzled by two advices:
> 1) The website https://okular.kde.org/build-it/ states "If you install
> Okular in a different path than your system install directory it is
> possible that you need to run source build/prefix.sh; okular".
>      Does that even relate to the tests, or only to the installed
> binarys? That question came to my mind, because the kimgiotest loads the
> library "okularGenerator_kimgio.so" from the system, and the newly
> compiled one.
>      The command "source build/prefix.sh" updates the environment, but
> it does not change the behavior at all. It does set QT_PLUGIN_PATH to
> the installed path. But the test seems to ignore it.

> kde/neon with pre-installed development libraries.

> source build/prefix.sh; okular

Hi Andreas,

this is the same way I did it the last time, integrated in KDevelop. So it
should work for you too. There must be something we do differently.

prefix.sh should change the behavior.

> 2) The documentation at
> https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/development#Test_your_changes
> bases on kdesrc-build. Is that the way to go for every application?
> It looks a bit cumbersome.

It is just a possible way, but it is not required.

I am sorry that I can not fix your issue right now. I will look soon if I did
something special in my build environment. Do you have more details that might
be relevant?

You are not the only one who has trouble with the plugin path. :/

Cheers, David