testing framework

Andreas Naumann Andreas-Naumann at gmx.net
Sat Jan 29 12:47:48 GMT 2022

Hey @all,

I did not yet find out, how to run the tests properly. At the moment
10/20 tests fail, even on the head of branch release/21.12. With tests,
I mean running "ctest " in the build folder.

The failing tests are:
           2 - kimgiotest (Failed)
           6 - documenttest (SEGFAULT)
           7 - searchtest (SEGFAULT)
          10 - editannotationcontentstest (Failed)
          11 - addremoveannotationtest (Failed)
          12 - translateannotationtest (Failed)
          13 - modifyannotationpropertiestest (Failed)
          14 - editformstest (Failed)
          16 - mainshelltest (SEGFAULT)
          17 - annotationtoolbartest (SEGFAULT)

Until now, I followed the instructions at
https://okular.kde.org/build-it/ using kde/neon with pre-installed
development libraries. My install prefix is my home folder ~/kde_installed.

I am puzzled by two advices:
1) The website https://okular.kde.org/build-it/ states "If you install
Okular in a different path than your system install directory it is
possible that you need to run source build/prefix.sh; okular".
     Does that even relate to the tests, or only to the installed
binarys? That question came to my mind, because the kimgiotest loads the
library "okularGenerator_kimgio.so" from the system, and the newly
compiled one.
     The command "source build/prefix.sh" updates the environment, but
it does not change the behavior at all. It does set QT_PLUGIN_PATH to
the installed path. But the test seems to ignore it.

2) The documentation at
https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/development#Test_your_changes
bases on kdesrc-build. Is that the way to go for every application? It
looks a bit cumbersome.

Regards,
Andreas