Should we revert the QScroller patch?

David Hurka david.hurka at mailbox.org
Fri May 22 11:11:21 BST 2020

As a user who doesn’t like smooth scrolling, I would like this to be rejected. But touchscreen users would like the regressions to be fixed. So I think we shouldn’t remove smooth scrolling, because many users would be annoyed if it is added just to be removed in the next release.

Whether it should be reverted and reimplemented or be fixed IMHO depends on Kezik, whether he/she wants to start over or fix the problems. Considering there are now two conflicting impementations of smooth scrolling (animated scrolling), I would prefer to start over.

Whoever wants to fix/reimplement this, I’d like to offer some design help. I read through the PageView code once, and maybe my perspective can be helpful. But note that I will not be able to code during the next weeks.

From: Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>
To: Okular development <okular-devel at kde.org>