D15580: [WIP] New annotation toolbar

Simone Gaiarin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 27 07:42:36 GMT 2019

simgunz added a comment.

  In D15580#554104 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15580#554104>, @davidhurka wrote:

  > In D15580#554079 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15580#554079>, @simgunz wrote:
  >
  > > Should I configure the toolbar so that if the user changes to "text alongside icons" the toolbar appears like this?
  > >  (the user can then expand the remaining icon-only buttons one by one by right clicking on them if he needs to visualize the text)
  >

  > I think that will be easier to tell as soon as a user decides to show the text, and complains about it.

  Seems  a good strategy.

  >  ---
  >
  > I looked at your code, and I it looks fine, as far as I am common with the Okular code. But I didn’t compile and test yet.
  >
  > I am wondering about //my// code. You merged both my pathes (D21755 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21755> and D21971 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21971>) into your development branch, right? Maybe you should rebase on D21971 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21971>, so Phabricator (or gitlab) doesn’t amalganate unrelated changes.

  I will dedicate sometime to those reviews this week and see if you can finish them and merge them. Then I'll rebase.

  > Besides that: How (well) does ToggleActionMenu work for you? I see that you don’t use suggestDefaultAction(). But if I got it right, Okular does not remember annotation tool selection across sessions, so it’s useless.

  I'll report on this soon, I still need to figure out different combinations of the possible configurations of ToggleActionMenu.

  > This isn't a standard toolbar; it's a toolbar that can be shown and hidden. Once it's shown, it's not obvious how to hide it--especially now that it shows itself after using a quick annotation tool. That'll make it appear, but it won't be obvious how to make it go away again if it doesn't have an integrated close button.

  Ok

  > Even though the HIG recommends against it, I think it's fine to change the button style here since we're quite space-constrained.

  Ok

  > Expanding spacers were added in 4357ef235ecb8b8b71ca0867d6cfc02acf292fae <https://phabricator.kde.org/R263:4357ef235ecb8b8b71ca0867d6cfc02acf292fae>.

  Great, that makes things much easier to implement.