D15580: [WIP] New annotation toolbar

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Oct 26 03:30:40 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D15580#554079 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15580#554079>, @simgunz wrote:

  > I have never seen a close button on a standard toolbar. Are you sure it is a correct design pattern?

  This isn't a standard toolbar; it's a toolbar that can be shown and hidden. Once it's shown, it's not obvious how to hide it--especially now that it shows itself after using a quick annotation tool. That'll make it appear, but it won't be obvious how to make it go away again if it doesn't have an integrated close button.

  Even though the HIG recommends against it, I think it's fine to change the button style here since we're quite space-constrained.

  Expanding spacers were added in 4357ef235ecb8b8b71ca0867d6cfc02acf292fae <https://phabricator.kde.org/R263:4357ef235ecb8b8b71ca0867d6cfc02acf292fae>.