D15580: [WIP] New annotation toolbar

David Hurka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 22 20:43:29 BST 2019

davidhurka added a comment.

  Didn’t yet test this, but I like some of Nate’s ideas.

  In D15580#552362 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15580#552362>, @ngraham wrote:

  > This is super fantastic.
  >
  > I have a few more observations from use:
  >
  > - Maybe add a new menu item at the bottom of the Quick Annotations menu saying "Show all" that will open the full toolbar

  Yeah, but [_] Annotation Toolbar would be more natural, I think. At least for users who figured out the meaning of “toolbar”.

  > - I would add text to the Keep the active annotation button active after use toolbutton, since otherwise it's a bit hard to tell what it does. Maybe "Keep active" or "Keep active after use" (maybe that's too long)?

  Maybe “Keep selected”? I prefer “Keep active”.

  > - Maybe don't have the Keep Active button checked by default. In testing, it feels more natural to have to click on an annotation's button after each use.

  I think on by default makes sense. When the annotation tools don’t behave as expected (i. e. stay active), it will be easy to uncheck something.

  > - It might be nice if hitting the [9] key multiple times cycled through the items in the shape annotation menu
  > - The [0] key could do the same for the stamp annotation

  +1