GSoC

Oliver Sander oliver.sander at tu-dresden.de
Wed Mar 6 10:21:29 GMT 2019

Hi Aryan,

great to hear you are interested in contributing to Okular. How much programming experience
do you have?  Have you already downloaded and build the Okular source code?  As this years
projects mainly deal with annotations in pdf files I suggest you also build a local version
of the poppler library that is used for pdf handling.

Then, a required first step for an application is some (minor) code contribution.
Go through the okular or poppler bug list and look whether there is something that
you think that you can do.  Give it a try and let us know if you run into difficulties.

@okular: mentoring hasn't really been discussed yet.  Are there volunteers for mentoring
an annotations-related project?

Cheers,
Oliver