D21755: [RFC] Replace ToolAction by a more universal “ToggleActionMenu”

David Hurka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jun 22 20:45:31 BST 2019

davidhurka added a comment.

  In D21755#482891 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21755#482891>, @simgunz wrote:

  > I tried it by only adding the actions to it and it does not work, no menu is shown. Adding the signal connection is also not enough. After that I gave up for now (I am lazy). But I think it needs to be a little more user-friendly.

  I tried to reproduce that with the current revision (i. e. with QObject* as parent, but without configuration options, i. e. https://phabricator.kde.org/D21755?id=60141), but it worked.

  In pageview.cpp, I reduced the code to create the menu to:

    // Mouse-Mode action menu
    d->aMouseModeMenu = new ToggleActionMenu( this );
    d->aMouseModeMenu->addAction( d->aMouseSelect );
    d->aMouseModeMenu->addAction( d->aMouseTextSelect );
    d->aMouseModeMenu->addAction( d->aMouseTableSelect );
    d->aMouseModeMenu->setText( i18nc( "@action", "Selection Tools" ) );
    ac->addAction( QStringLiteral( "mouse_selecttools" ), d->aMouseModeMenu );

  Result: Toolbar button is boringly titled “Selection Tools”, but click-and-hold opens the menu. Actions in the menu work.

  Also removing the last two lines causes the ToggleActionMenu not to be pluggable in the toolbar anymore.

  I conclude that it //can// work. Did you test it differently?