D15580: New annotation toolbar

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 3 20:20:27 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D15580#473781 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15580#473781>, @davidhurka wrote:

  > Using double-click is probably used to some [how many?] Okular users, but others asked for something like a sticky button. An option to make selected actions sticky by default, without sticky button, would be perfect for me.
  >  From other applications I know left-click: use the tool, right-click: stop using the tool. If there is no fallback tool (see below), the tool will be remembered for the next left click.
  >
  > Actually, I don’t know any application where a tool automatically deselects. Do you have an example?

  It's very common in the Mac world, which is what I'm most familiar with outside of the Linux world.

  Sticky-by-default would probably be okay as long as we can make it //very// clear how to un-select the tool. Probably implementing multiple methods would be good (hit esc key, left-click again on the tool, right-click anywhere, etc).