D21266: [WIP] Improve documentation of area classes

David Hurka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jun 2 23:51:38 BST 2019

davidhurka marked 10 inline comments as done.
davidhurka added a comment.

  I will remove page sizes from member documentations and describe the coordinate system with a more abstract reference rectangle.

  Page sizes and zoom and so on will just be an application of the normalized coordinate system.

  Furthermore, it will not be discussed yet whether normalized coordinates should contain page rotation information.

INLINE COMMENTS

> aacid wrote in area.h:192
> Why would it always return true?
>
> When left is 0.5 it will obviously return false, no?

You’re right, I thought this converts to int, tuncating the value, but it will convert to double.
https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/operator_arithmetic

> aacid wrote in area.h:229
> I don't understand the question. The purpose it is "it's rounded and thus potentially more accurate than without rounding because 0.9 will be 1 instead of 0"? i mean it's like you're asking "what is rounding"?

Rounding is like a statistical offset of 0.5.
And in the application (TextEntity reordering/concatenation), the calculation is just taking place 0.5 pixels to the bottom-right.
Hmm, I consider this as related to page related - not page related.

> aacid wrote in area.h:308
> Breaking API is a big no no just because you don't like the name.
>
> The documentation clearly says what left means.

Didn’t realize OKULARCORE_EXPORT, bad idea to rename this. So I agree.

This should also answer whether to replace scaleX and scaleY arguments by a struct. Wouldn’t have done that in this patch anyway.

Bug 334297 is indirectly related, have to think about that.

> aacid wrote in area.h:412
> What do you mean ellipse is not used?
>
> It is used here, isn't it?
>
> https://cgit.kde.org/okular.git/tree/core/area.cpp#n314

I meant whether it is used by anything which calls ObjectRect. But everything seems to implement own stuff to populate the QPainterPath.