D23421: Add "find in this document" to selection context menu

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 27 16:59:33 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  Works great. I have some UI suggestions below:

INLINE COMMENTS

> pageview.cpp:4371
>              const QString squeezedText = KStringHandler::rsqueeze( searchText, 21 );
> -            webShortcutsMenu->setTitle( i18n( "Search for '%1' with", squeezedText ) );
> +            webShortcutsMenu->setTitle( i18n( "Search for '%1' in", squeezedText ) );

This grammar change makes it wrong for all the other entries.

Maybe the new "Search for <text> in open document" menu item should be in the base level of the context menu, and not inside the sub-menu.

> pageview.cpp:4374
> +            QAction *action = new QAction(i18n("Opened Document"), webShortcutsMenu);
> +            action->setIcon( QIcon::fromTheme( QStringLiteral("document-open") ) );
> +            connect(action, &QAction::triggered, [searchText, this]() { Q_EMIT this->triggerSearch(searchText);});

The icon should be `document-preview` (`document-open` is used for actions that open documents)