D15580: [WIP] New annotation toolbar

Simone Gaiarin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 5 11:50:48 BST 2019

simgunz added a comment.

  In D15580#506692 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15580#506692>, @ngraham wrote:

  > For my own UI review, I must continue to push for putting the annotation tools on a second toolbar that appears below the main one when needed.

  The tools are already on a toolbar of their own (called `annotationToolbar`). If you unlock the toolbars you should be able to move it around.

  By issuing `rm ~/.config/okularrc && rm ~/.config/okularpartrc` before launching Okular you should obtain the defaut behavior that currently is to put the annotation toolbar below the main toolbar (see `shell.rc:26`) and display only the icons (screenshot 1). If we change the default to `text alongside icons` the toolbar overflow even on a widescreen (mine is 1920x1080) (screenshot 2 and 3). In this second case I think we have the following two solutions for me:

  1. further group some tools in a sub-menu (as for the geometrical tools). A possibility is to group `underline`, `squiggle`, `strike-through` (screenshot 4). Still the toolbar is pretty full on a widescreen.
  2. Put the configuration actions on a toolbar of their own a set `icons only` as a default for this toolbar (screenshot 5)
  3. (Keep everything in the same annotationToolbar and set the annotation tools to `text alongside icon` and the configuration actions to `icons only` one by one. It is possible to do this from the UI, but I do not know if it is possible to set as a default from `part.rc` (screenshot 5) )

  F7165410: Screenshot_20190805_122801.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7165410>
  Screenshot 1

  F7165400: Screenshot_20190805_122640.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7165400>
  Screenshot 2

  F7165405: Screenshot_20190805_122727.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7165405>
  Screenshot 3 (toolbar expanded)

  F7165456: Screenshot_20190805_124108.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7165456>
  Screenshot 4 (underline is a placeholder for the menu that will contain underline, squiggle and strikethrough)

  F7165489: Screenshot_20190805_124817.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7165489>
  Screenshot 5 (config actions are `icons only`)