[Okular-devel] Okular opens links in Abiword, how can this be changed?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jul 11 17:22:57 UTC 2012

El Dimecres, 11 de juliol de 2012, a les 14:45:24, Marius Hofert va escriure:
> Hi,

Hi

> I have trouble with adjusting the settings of Okular such that hyperlinks in
> .pdf documents (created with LaTeX + package hyperref) are opened in the
> default browser (Chrome) rather than Abiword.
>
> I couldn't find a mailing list for standard questions like this,

Well, for regular user questions there's the
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde no clue who reads that though.

> that's why
> I write to devel, hope this is acceptable (if not, a note on the Okular
> website would be helpful).
>
> The full problem description is (see also
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/160918/clicking-links-in-pdfs-opened-with-ok
> ular-opens-abiword-instead-of-the-default):
>
> I work with Xubuntu 12.04 and use Okular (version 0.14.3) to view pdf files.
> If I click a link in a pdf file (created with pdflatex using the hyperref
> package), Abiword is opened instead of my default browser google-chrome.
> How can I change this behavior? The settings in Okular do not seem to
> provide a solution. (Note that I set google-chrome as the preferred
> application for web browsing under Settings -> Preferred Applications, so
> that's not the problem).

Is it linking to an html file? If so you might want to also check which is the
default application in
kcmshell4 filetypes
for html mimetype.