[Okular-devel] Okular opens links in Abiword, how can this be changed?

Marius Hofert marius.hofert at math.ethz.ch
Wed Jul 11 12:45:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have trouble with adjusting the settings of Okular such that hyperlinks in
.pdf documents (created with LaTeX + package hyperref) are opened in the default
browser (Chrome) rather than Abiword.

I couldn't find a mailing list for standard questions like this, that's why I
write to devel, hope this is acceptable (if not, a note on the Okular website
would be helpful).

The full problem description is (see also http://askubuntu.com/questions/160918/clicking-links-in-pdfs-opened-with-okular-opens-abiword-instead-of-the-default):

I work with Xubuntu 12.04 and use Okular (version 0.14.3) to view pdf files. If I click a link in a pdf file (created with pdflatex using the hyperref package), Abiword is opened instead of my default browser google-chrome. How can I change this behavior? The settings in Okular do not seem to provide a solution. (Note that I set google-chrome as the preferred application for web browsing under Settings -> Preferred Applications, so that's not the problem).

Cheers,

Marius