[Nepomuk] Nepomuk facets

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Mon Jun 21 10:40:53 CEST 2010

Please find attached a quick brainstorm of a facet class.
The idea is that one restriction is one facet and those can be put in
groups. A group can be exclusive (for dates or types) or not (tags for
example). The a group can also have a range type which can be used by
the gui to create a range selection based on that type.

These groups could then be added to a model (the only reason for using a
model is that it can easily be displayed in a treeview - might be
overkill) which in turn could be filtered by a custom
QSortProxyFilterModel which hides all facets that do not change the
result (i.e. could of 0 or the same as the result set).

Can you find any use cases that cannot be expressed using it?