Android Activity Life Cycle Events pass-through

Harry Xu harryxu3 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 17:39:13 UTC 2012

Hi BogDan and Necessitas Developers:

I have posted a message in the android-qt forum with the link:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/android-qt/35nQuQizTYI
for discussion about Qt/qml events corresponding to android life cycle
events. I went through code, it seems to me that those events are never
forwarded to libandroid-<n>.so jni function calls. For example, onPause()
ended on QtActivityDelegate.java, never makes its way to libandroid-<n>.so
plugin function pauseQtApp(). We are in the process of integrating
Necessitas with our applications and need to be notified on the qml level
that those events occurred.

So why did these event handlers never make way to libandroid-<n>.so plugin.
has the feature not completed yet? Or I missed something and didn't connect
the correct dots? Are all of the activity life cycle events forwarded to Qt
and qml? If not, are you planning to implement that in the future. If it is
too far in the future, we'll have to write a Qt plug-in to forward those
events by ourself. If it is near future, we'll probably just wait for it.

Thanks!

Harry Xu