[Marble-devel] New website content for marble.kde.org (Amit)

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 13:22:08 UTC 2012

Hi Dennis,

Love the clean look of the landing page; especially the initial view of the
globe (Planet earth etc).
If I tab through the other images from the globe they all repeat
eventually...except the initial view
which happens to be my favourite!

I come at this from a developer/decision maker point of view, so I'm
interested in the "Extensible" bits.  I wonder if its worth taking a
different tack there.  I quite quickly think about plugins in this space.
And also including the widget inside custom applications.  I get the
impression that quite a few people are out there writing innovative plugins
which I think is worth a mention.  Maybe have the view details button link
off to an area which lists current plugins and some testimonials about
widget use in apps.

** Extensible **

blah blah.....

There is a vibrant community of people writing plugins and apps using
Marble.  Come and join us on IRC @ <> or maybe browse through some of the
things people have done with marble by following the link below....

View details >>

* list of plugins *

- satellites
- postcodes