Search in Files: Ctrl + Enter / Click should open new search tab

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Mon Feb 12 07:57:53 GMT 2024

Moin!

The Search in Files plugin has the feature to open a new tab by clicking on
a dedicated "Add new search tab" tool button. This works, but the workflow
is a bit inconvenient.

It just came to my mind that an easy solution would be: When CTRL+clicking
the "Search" button, we could open a new tab automatically (copying the
current search options). The Ctrl+click (or Ctrl+Enter) workflow is also
used e.g. in Browsers to open a link in a new tab.

It would be a small but convenient change.

Any takes? :-)

Maybe we could add this as todo in a "Kate in 2024" gitlab issue? :-)

Best regards
Dominik