Floating idea Schematic to Verilog for SOC's with analog and/or FPGA alongside.

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 18:50:08 GMT 2021

>   Is there any support for developing KtechLab schematic to Verilog
outputs for PSoC family (or even embedded FPGA)  so that we can do visual
design (for small projects)?

If I understand correctly, you would like to make digital schematics in
KTechLab and then converting that schematic to Verilog, in order to be used
with other tools ?

I think such functionality would be useful and very nice.

Currently this is not implemented, but should be doable in a relatively
easy manner. Just adding an Export to Verilog function to Circuit
documents. In there go though the components, output some Verilog code for
each component and connect the modules with some more Verilog code.
If someone implements this, I would review it and merge it.

Slightly off-topic:
I have been thinking about Verilog Code components for KTechLab: have a
component in KTechLab in which Verilog code can be edited, and it has a
button "Synthesise", clicking that will make the text read-only and the
pins of the Verilog module appear outside of the component, and it behaves
just as the Verilog code describes. It would be useful for fast logic
prototyping. Only if I had time for have fun with such pet-projects...

Best regards,

 Zoltan

WADE MAXFIELD <wade.maxfield at 4gwireline.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. jan.
15., P, 22:19):