Help for the inexperienced

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 16:20:36 GMT 2021

Sam Williams <sam.w83 at protonmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. dec.
8., Sze, 21:30):

> Hello,
> I have been trying out different EDA software and came across yours, which I would like to try out. For the sake of brevity I will just say that I know I am missing some of the required libraries and/or binaries needed to install but I am unable to decipher the exact packages I need from the Read me file in the zip package. If anyone is able to help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I do not have any experience building packages, but from the read me file it seems fairly straight forward. I only have limited experience with Kubuntu in general and using the command line so please let me know if there is any more information you might need from me.
> I appreciate your time and patience,
> -Sam

Hi Sam,

Do I understand correctly, you are using Kubuntu ?
In case you are using a new-enough version of Kubuntu (21.04+), you
should have it available as package. If not, which version to you use?

If you do not have KTechLab available as package, I recommend to use
the list of building dependencies from here:

https://packages.ubuntu.com/source/impish/ktechlab

For example you can use Muon to install them.. Or the terminal, with
"sudo apt install <...> ".

Feel free to reply here on the list if you have any issues.

Best regards,

 Zoltan